Wednesday, April 8, 2009

One of the Best Days Ever

I don't even have words to describe how happy and excited I am right now. This afternoon I received a package from my sister and my mom for my birthday which is not till next Tuesday. My sister wanted me to call her when I got the package so I could open one gift from her today. And guess what it was!

{my own copy of Martha Stewart's Encylopedia of Crafts}

{inscription from my sister on the first page}

{signed by Martha Stewart!!!}

I am still in shock. So last Thursday I saw that Martha Stewart was having a book signing at the Michaels in Westbury, NY on Friday. I emailed and texted my sister who lives in Long Beach, NY to let her know just in case she had a moment or two to stop by. She let me know she would love to go but wasn't able to be there on Friday. Needless to say she went and surprised me with one of the best gifts ever. It's going to take me a lifetime to say thank you and give her an equally amazing gift. My mission now is to run into Alexander McQueen, my sister's favorite designer, and get an autograph for her (that sounds pretty easy right? :)

I always say I have the best sister, but I really do! The best part is she got to meet Martha Stewart and have a copy signed for her too! :)

p.s. You can see photographs my sister took at the signing on her blog, ScrappyTime, too!

5 comments:

Blair Friedeman said...

Oh, what an incredibly sweet gift!!! Happy early birthday.

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

That is so sweet!
RelentlessBride

Anonymous said...

OMG! I'm so incredibly jealous!!!

Lynne said...

wow, I never knew that Martha had a whole encyclopedia....you better get creating! Sounds like a great gift.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Melissa!!I just celebrated my 27th on April 10th. We are "Easter" babies! Enjoy your book your sis gave you. It's moments like these that make me wish I had a sister!! Enjoy ;-)