Sunday, April 19, 2009

DonorsChoose.org

image from DonorsChoose.org

"At DonorsChoose.org, K-12 public school teachers submit ideas for materials or experiences their students need to learn. These proposals become classroom reality when concerned individuals like you choose to fund their projects, from "Magical Math Centers" to "Cooking Across the Curriculum."

Over the weekend I received an email from Crate and Barrel with a giving card to donate to DonorsChoose.org. I gave our donation to "Dropping In On Art", submitted by an Arts and Humanities teacher in Kentucky hoping to get twelve Dropping In series books and videos covering Grant Wood, Henri Matisse, Pablo Picasso, Romare Bearden, Henri Rousseau, and Andy Warhol for her students. When I was in elementary school I remember watching Bob Ross paint his happy little trees :) I think every child should have the opportunity to learn about and be inspired by art :)

No comments: