Friday, September 19, 2008

My "Showerette" Tea Party Details

my bride accessories

my bachelorette accessories

the "showerette" favors

So much time was put into all the little details. All of the guests wore hats and gloves, some their own; others were borrowed from my sister's boyfriend's grandmother. The day she found out about my "showerette" she brought my sister hat boxes filled with hats for us to use :) At the beginning of my "showerette" I was given fun bride and bachelorette accessories to wear including two great hats that I got to keep!

The guests were given gift bags filled with fun favors including candy cigarettes and lipstick, costume jewelry, earl grey tea, fabric napkins, handkerchiefs, teapot cookie cutters, tea time lip balm, and vintage looking letter openers. My mom and sister also created the Saltaire Gazette that was in everyone's gift bags that included gossip all about our upcoming wedding and the "showerette."

We had a fancy tea party and drank earl grey tea {my favorite} out of china tea cups. We also had crudite, mini quiches, petite sandwiches, brownies, cookies, scones, and a beautifully decorated cake. It really was one of best times I've had and I can't say enough about my mom and sister for all they did to make it perfect :)

No comments: