Wednesday, August 6, 2008

One Month Away

July 31, 2006 was the day I knew I would spend forever with my best friend. My fiance, Eric, asked me to marry him while we watched the sunrise in Duck, North Carolina. We woke up early the first day of our vacation, I grabbed my camera, beach towel, we put on our flip flops and walked to the beach. I was wearing a t-shirt my brother gave me that said Martha is my home girl. I love Martha Stewart, had I known what was about to happen I might have worn something fancier :) Looking back, it was perfect I was wearing that t-shirt.

I love taking pictures (any vacation with less than six hundred pictures means I might have missed some important moment or detail :) so I walked to the ocean and took a picture. Then I walked back to where Eric was sitting on a beach towel. He said "I found you something" and handed me a silver seashell. I thought the seashell was the surprise, then I opened it and saw the ring! I didn't say anything and Eric said "you have to say something." I said "of course yes!!"

Our wedding is one month from today and I am so excited!

2 comments:

Ms. 122 said...

aww, cute e-story! and it's actually kind of fitting that you were wearing the martha shirt...

devon lorraine ... said...

what a cute story! happy one-month count down!!