Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Flower Inspiration

Peony from Fifty Flowers, Sand Dollar from Hana Hou Productions, Ribbon from the Paper Source, Mason Jars on Ebay, Gerbera Daisy from Fifty Flowers, Vases on Brides.com, Ribbon from the Paper Source, Galvanized Bucket from Flowers and Supplies, Carnation from Fifty Flowers

Here is my inspiration board for our wedding flowers. I am going to order flowers from FiftyFlowers.com to create the centerpieces and make the bouquets. I am really excited about doing the flowers myself and it will be less expensive :)

For the centerpieces I am going to put white Gerbera Daisies in aqua blue mason jars. I was having a hard time finding the mason jars but my fiance's mom just called me today to let me know that she found them while driving to Pennsylvania. I am so excited!

A little while ago I saw a Martha Stewart TV special, Destination Weddings: Bahamas. I was so inspired by the whole show, but my favorite part was when Martha Stewart personally made the bouquet for her friend and publicist, Susan Magrino. She drilled holes in a sand dollar to use as the base for the bouquet. Then she placed the flowers through the holes she made and tied the flowers with a satin ribbon. For my bouquet and for my bridesmaids bouquets I am going to place white Gerbera Daisies through sand dollars and tie them with chocolate brown satin ribbon.

I'm also thinking about putting white Carnations in small galvanized buckets and using them to line the stairway outside at the Saltaire where we are having our wedding.

No comments: